* A comprehensive upgrade and a big step that affects nearly every area of the car – from styling through to performance, dynamics, comfort, and technology
* Porsche Driver Experience: new control concept and digital cockpit.
* New exterior design with extensive changes to almost every panel.
* Optimized chassis with new two-valve suspension.
* Slimmed-down lineup but with more standard equipment.
* Retuned suspension for more precise handling and ride comfort.
* More power for all engine variants and the return of the V8 to the Cayenne S.
* 20 years of the Cayenne.
The Standard Porsche Cayenne engine is a 3L V6 turbo, it now generates 348 horsepower and 368 lb-ft of torque, up an extra 13 horsepower and 36 lb-ft of torque.
E- Hybrid = same V6 engine with a PHEV mates it with a new electric motor, total system output to 463 hp. The hybrid’s battery pack has more capacity resulting in a more electric-only driving range.
A new twin-turbo V8 – 468 horsepower and 442 lb-ft of torque 0 to 60 MPH in 4.4 seconds. Cayenne Turbo GT also features that engine but its power is boosted to 650 horsepower. 0 to 60 MPH -3.1 seconds and has a top speed of 189 MPH.
The new technology is impressive:
* Updated interior design, including a new digital instrument panel.
* new 12.6-inch digital gauge cluster – same one used in the all-electric Taycan.
* Center screen – 12.3-inch center touchscreen.
* New optional 10.9-inch touchscreen that’s placed in front of the passenger.
* redesigned center console with new climate controls.
Lauren Fix is a nationally recognized automotive expert, media guest, journalist, author, keynote speaker and television host. A trusted automotive expert, Lauren provides an insider’s perspective on a wide range of automotive topics, energy and safety issues for both the auto industry and consumers. Her analysis is honest and straightforward.
Follow Lauren on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram