2018 Audi TT RS
Most powerful production TT ever – the all-new 2018 Audi TT RS joins the Audi Sport Model Line
• All-new 2.5-liter TFSI® engine produces a class-leading 400 hp and delivers the distinctive five-cylinder sound that is unmistakably Audi
• Standard quattro® permanent all-wheel drive has the ability to send nearly 100 percent of available torque to the rear wheels, allowing the TT RS to sprint from 0-60 mph in 3.6 seconds
• Inspired by race cars, the interior features a driver focused cockpit with standard S sport seats, Audi Virtual Cockpit and a new multifunction sport steering wheel with shift paddles and satellite controls
With an all-new five-cylinder engine delivering 400 hp and 354 lb-ft of torque, the all-new 2018 Audi TT RS is the most powerful production TT model Audi has ever produced.
2018 Audi TT RS
Featuring a new 2.5-liter TFSI® engine, that delivers the distinctive five-cylinder sound that is unmistakably Audi and harkens back to the original turbocharged five-cylinder, the Audi Quattro, the all-new 2018 TT RS joins the lineup of Audi Sport vehicles launching this spring.
Powertrain and Performance
More powerful than its predecessor, the all-new 2.5-liter TFSI® five-cylinder engine delivers a class-leading 400 hp and 354 lb-ft of torque to the front and rear wheels.
Seven-speed S tronic dual clutch transmission
The power of the 2.5-liter engine flows through a seven-speed S tronic dual-clutch transmission that focuses on high levels of performance and acceleration.
The TT RS is standard equipped with quattro® permanent all-wheel drive with an electrohydraulic multi-plate clutch which has the ability to send nearly 100 percent of available torque to the rear wheels.
The TT RS is equipped with a four-link rear suspension and a McPherson front suspension with forged aluminum lower control arms.
Two brake systems are offered on the new TT RS, both offering outstanding stopping performance. The TT RS comes standard equipped with eight-piston monobloc brake calipers with 370mm ventilated and cross-drilled discs at the front.
Exterior Design and Body
The design of the new TT RS features the same timeless lines of the original TT coupe coupled with reinterpreted sporty elements that harken back the vehicle’s racing heritage.
Additional exterior design highlights include:
• 19-inch, five-arm design Galvano silver wheels with summer performance tires or available 20-inch, seven-spoke-design, Galvano silver forged wheels with summer tires
• Available Black optic package includes 20-inch, seven-spoke design, high-gloss anthracite forged wheels with summer tires, high gloss black exterior mirror housings and a TT RS specific black optic exterior
• Standard full LED headlights with LED daytime running lights
• Standard LED taillights with dynamic turn signals or available OLED taillights
• Standard Matte Alu-optic exterior styling package including matte Alu-optic exterior mirror housings, front blade, rear diffusor and Singleframe® grille surround
• Standard Aluminum race inlays or available carbon fiber decorative inlays
• Fixed rear wing spoiler
Interior Design and Infotainment
Similar to the TT Coupe, the TT RS features a driver-oriented interior with easy-to-operate controls and functions. From its S sport seats with the integrated head restraints and deeply sculpted adjustable side bolsters, the TT RS is a sports car with a high degree of everyday practicality.
Additional interior highlights include:
• Leather/Alcantara® three-spoke multifunction sport steering wheel with RS badge and two satellite buttons
• Heated, front Fine Nappa leather S sport seats with diamond stitching
• Available design selection interior includes red contrast diamond stitching with seat perforations, red accents on air vents and seatbelts, and RS floor mats
• Eight-way power front seats with four-way power lumbar support and pneumatic side bolsters
• Aluminum door sill inlays with TT RS logo
• Stainless steel footrest and pedal caps
Additional infotainment features include:
• Audi virtual cockpit
• MMI® navigation plus with MMI touch
• Audi smartphone interface
• Bang & Olufsen® Sound System
• Audi connect®
• Audi side assist
2018 Audi TT RS Prices start at $64,900
Watch our other His Turn-Her Turn™ reviews:
2017 Jeep Wrangler 4×4
2018 Genesis G80 Sport
2018 Subaru WRX STI
Demons, Durangos & Hellcats
2018 Infiniti Q50
2017 Volvo V90
2017 Acura MDX Hybrid Sport
2017 Mazda MX-5 Miata RF
2017 Mini Countryman
2018 Alfa Romeo Stelvio
2018 Toyota Camry
2018 Volvo XC60
2017 Honda Civic Si
2018 Honda Odyssey
2017 GMC Acadia
2018 Acura TLX
2017 Nissan Rogue Sport
2018 Volkswagen Atlas
2017 Toyota Corolla
2017 Honda Clarity Fuel Cell
For more automotive industry news go to laurenfix.com
For breaking news:
Follow Lauren on Twitter @LaurenFix and on Facebook LaurenFixTheCarCoach
Sign up for the Free Monthly Car Coach Report Newsletter: eepurl.com/CBl_z
For His Turn-Her Turn™ expert car reviews: histurnherturn.com
Car Courtesy of Audi
Aired: September 2, 2017
Music: by AudionautiX.com
Disclosure: Free Royalty Music
©Automotive Aspects, Inc., 2017. All Rights Reserved.